Transition Year Students – Irish Céilí & Set Dancing Classes
6 Week Duration of 2 Hour weekly sessions
Upon completion students will have achieved the following:
- Certificate of completion of The Céilí Experience TY Dance Module.
- Increased self-knowledge and awareness of Irish culture and dances
- An understanding and appreciation of Traditional Irish music, being able to identify different styles and tempos.
- Enhanced self-image and self-discipline, as they will have the confidence to dance in a competent and well behaved manner.
- A Social skill, which can be used both at home and abroad, as well as the possibility to become a lifelong leisure activity.
- An understanding and appreciation of personal space, tolerance and how to interact with others while in very close proximity.
- Enhanced self-esteem.
The School will also receive the following:
- Exclusive access to our private online tutorial library of the dances the student will have completed.
- Videos of each dance to review with the students in between the sessions.
- Written instructions of the dances to review in between the sessions and for use at a céilí in the school at a later date, if required.
- Audio tracks of the music used, which can be used by the music department to learn the music for the céilí dances if they wish.
- Music notation can also be provided for those that don’t play by ear.
- Put together a short demonstration of some of the dances that they have learned for use at a Parents night; School Open night; for visiting groups; on trips abroad.
- If there are multiple TY groupings that complete The Céilí Experience TY Dance Module, they can all be combined together on a separate occasion to have a Céilí, as they will all have done the same dances.
- This Céilí could include students from nearby schools for more social interaction.
- Live music can be added for a Céilí to increase the cultural experience of a Traditional Irish Céilí Band.
- Leadership development is possible to those showing interest in demonstrating, or even interactive teaching of, what they have learned, e.g. to teach 1st Years in the school or neighbouring primary schools.