Primary School Program
Options for Multiple class groups
– Over one day.
– Seachtain na Gaeilge
– Over a number of consecutive weeks.
– Over a school term or a school year.
– Can be tailored to meet school needs.
– The 3’s, 7’s and swings
– Two Hand Reel & Jig.
– Siege of Ennis & Walls of Limerick
– Shoe the Donkey
Pupils may have achieved some of the following:
– An appreciation of Traditional Irish music.
– Increased awareness of Irish dances and culture.
– Enhanced self-esteem.
– An appreciation of personal space, tolerance and how to interact with others while in very close proximity.
– A Social skill, with the possibility of becoming a lifelong leisure activity.
– Enhanced self-image and self-discipline, as they will have the confidence to dance in a competent and well behaved manner.
– Exclusive access to our private online tutorial library of the dances the pupils will have completed.
– Videos of each dance to review with the pupils in between the sessions.
– Written instructions of the dances to review in between the sessions and for use at a céilí in the school at a later date, if required.
– Audio tracks of the music used, which can be used to learn the music for the céilí dances if they wish.
– Music notation can also be provided for those that don’t play by ear.
– Dance tutor can put together a short demonstration of some of the dances that they have learned for use at a Parents night, School Open day or Seachtain na Gaeilge.
– If there are multiple class groupings that complete the Primary School Céilí Experience Dance Module, they can all be combined together on a separate occasion to have a Céilí within the school, as they will all have done the same dances.
– This Céilí could include pupils from nearby schools for more social interaction.
– Live music can be added for a Céilí to increase the cultural experience of a Traditional Irish Céilí Band.
Click here to check for availability and get a quote