English Language Schools
Interactive Irish Cultural Activity
Many Cork based English Language schools have Fionan Cogan’s Ceili Experience as part of their programme of cultural events during their trip to Ireland.
Some of the student feedback from his class –
“The dancing was brilliant, the highlight of my trip to Ireland.” – Eleanora, Austria
“I really enjoyed learning the dances with my friends. It was great fun.” – Alex, Canada
Fionán Cogan, a qualified Céilí dance teacher (T.M.R.C.) from Carrigaline, Co. Cork, has been dancing since he was 5, performing across the world since 1988 and teaching formally since 1994. He has shared the stage with Michael Flatley, Frances Black and the late Dr Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin.
If you want to learn how to Irish Céilí dance, then there is no better person to go to. Lessons can be taught through English, Irish or French. Fionán teaches beginners with no experience, right up to performance dancers.
Our interactive workshop gives you an authentic Irish cultural experience, with the emphasis on having fun.
– It is suitable for males and females, no matter the age or ability.
– The dance tutor will be on the floor with you, to help you enjoy “the Craic” (Irish for Fun!).
Céilí dancing is a very social and fun form of native Irish dancing, mainly danced to reel and jig tempo traditional Irish music.
– We get you on the dance floor and teach you the basic Céilí steps and moves, which are easy to pick up.
– People are partnered up in the class and moved on to a new partner for each dance.
– The dances we walk you through, mostly use the same moves in a different order and sequence.
– Once you are familiar with walking a dance, we all do the dance together again to pre-recorded timed Traditional Irish Céilí music.
It is important that you are comfortable and not overheating, as you will be moving constantly.
Wear comfortable footwear (a slippy sole will help your foot to slide along the floor when doing the steps.)
Your English language school may have a space where your group can use for this event.
If not, then we can look into other options for you.
This will incur additional cost for the room hire.
As an optional extra – a live Ceili Band of Traditional Irish musicians can come to your venue to play for the dancing, as well as entertainment before and afterwards.
Click here to check for availability and get a quote